We're a company called Elk. A team of music lovers, ranging from violin makers and python magicians to computer PhDs and record label managers. We're based in Stockholm, but most of us work from wherever we are.
At the core of what we do is an OS for Audio called Elk Audio OS which is the fastest audio OS on the planet. On top of this, we've built an ecosystem for musicians called Elk LIVE. Elk LIVE enables musicians to play live and in sync together over the world wide web.
About the role
Do you want to be part of the next big thing in the music industry? We're in need of a talented native macOS developer who will play a fundamental role in upgrading our upcoming music service Elk LIVE. As always, you need to be a team player that knows how to work independently. You need to be creative, knowledgeable and you absolutely need to love music.
What you'll be doing
- Contribute to the development and integration of a complex standalone macOS audio application
- Work independently, but at the same time interact closely with other team members working on various aspects of the system (cloud, real-time networking, DSP, frontend)
Skill & Requirements
- Strong programming skills
- 2+ years of industrial experience working in a team
- Having deployed at least one native macOS application
- Good modern C++ (17 and later) knowledge
- Python knowledge
- Expertise with build and packaging tools: Xcode, CMake, vcpkg, signing and notarization
Good to have
- Experience with audio applications
- Experience in profiling and debugging high-performance C++ code on macOS
- Experience with advanced CI/CD tools
- If you have played in a band, produced beats in your bedroom, or anything related to music, that's a big plus.